Wednesday, April 10, 2013

April 10: Hawaiian Mango-Banana Bread

Snow day #2!!
I've never had 2 snow days in a row in my life, so I was pretty excited when I woke up to an email saying my campus was closed. Since Bailey wakes up around 7am every morning, I decided to get up and feed her and then get creative with breakfast. I was looking through a few of my honeymoon photos last night and was reminded of a mango banana bread that we got in Maui. It was one of the most delicious things I have ever eaten. That memory inspired my breakfast creativity:

Hawaiian Mango-Banana Bread

1) Cut a whole mango into tiny pieces. 
2) Mix 2 cups of whole wheat flour with 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda, and 1 tsp cinnamon.
Instead of using refined sugar, I added 1/4 cup organic coconut palm sugar (shown below). 
3) Add 2 eggs, 1 mashed banana, 1/4 c chia seed gel (or oil), and 1/4 cup milk  

4) Combine mixture with mango chunks and pour into a greased bread pan.
Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes. 
Final product! Yummm!
Since I was feeling very tropical on this very snowy day, I ground up Hawaiian coffee beans
that we got on our Honeymoon and made a delicious pot of Mokka Peaberry coffee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment