Saturday, April 13, 2013

April 12: food and fitness

Lift:
Squat (80% x6, 60% x12, 40% x25) 2x
Ham-glute raises 2x15
Hip flexor extensions with band 2x10
Bench press
Bent over rows (to help my back)
abs

Breakfast: stove-top cooked oatmeal with ground flaxseed, cinnamon, coconut sugar, and a tiny bit of milk 
Mid-morning snack: some of my Hawaiian mango-banana bread! I warmed it up and drizzled cinnamon on top and it was absolutely delicious!
Lunch: Garlic Pepper "Shrimp"
Tom made us a delicious mid-afternoon lunch! When I asked him what he called it, he replied "garlic pepper shrimp," even though it was made with crab meat and tilapia. He's such a goof. We ran out of brown rice, so he made a mixture of white and brown rice for the filler and then cooked tilapia filets and crab meat with minced onion, garlic, and pepper and added a few "secret" ingredients. I'll have to get the exact recipe from him later :)

Post-workout: Since we had a later lunch (~3pm) we didn't have much for dinner. After our lift, I made a protein shake with water, strawberry whey protein, 2 strawberries, blueberries, and a few blackberries. I added a little bit of pomegranate juice for extra flavor.
*I usually make my protein shakes with milk or soy milk because it tastes better and it increases the calories/nutritional value, but since we were out of both, I added water with a little juice for better flavor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment