Saturday, April 13, 2013

April 11

Breakfast on-the-go: Starfruit and Blackberries :)

Lunch: eggs with a mix of avocados and peppers and a little sea s&p

Snack/small meal: this is one of the most delicious things I have ever made!
Healthy homemade ice cream:

2 frozen bananas (very ripe)
2 tbsp peanut butter (can use PB2 for fewer calories/less fat)
1/4 c milk or soy milk
1 tbsp cocoa powder (or chocolate PB2)
*can add whey protein or Body by Vi for extra protein/nutrition

Mix in a blender with ice and it's ready to go! This photo is the exact consistency straight from the blender. It was so creamy and smooth! It wasn't as sweet as regular ice cream (I probably could have added agave nectar or coconut sugar for extra flavor) but it was the perfect snack/small meal! It made 2 large servings, so I froze half for my husband for later. I think next time we go grocery shopping, I'm going to buy some of the cheap ripe bananas and freeze them right away so I can make more of this when I need a quick sweet snack (with a decent amount of protein). 

Snack/small meal: Muesli! An Australian breakfast dish.
Typically you soak steel cut oats in apple juice over night, and then combine with yogurt, fruit, nuts, honey, and cinnamon. I used orange juice (because that's all we had). It was very sweet and I'm definitely going to try apple juice next time :)

Workout: 40 minute basketball game
Dinner: we made homemade pizza with a whole wheat crust (but I forgot to take a picture :/)

No comments:

Post a Comment