Tuesday, April 9, 2013

April 9

SNOW day!! 
We already have about 8-10 inches, and we're supposed to get 10-12 more! We weren't able to make it to the grocery store last night, so we're out of a lot (silly us). For breakfast, I remembered that I had frozen the oatmeal waffles I made last week, so Tom and I had oatmeal waffles with blueberries and starfruit (*and a little agave nectar) for breakfast as well as nice hot coffee :) Spending the morning snowed in with our puppy watching The Hunger Games. Pretty awesome day! Hopefully we'll be able to make it to the gym tonight, otherwise Bailey and I are going to brave the snow and go for a run. 

*I use 100% pure Blue Agave nectar. It is a natural sweetener and a healthy alternative to refined sugar. I use it in a lot of different dishes. 


Snack: cottage cheese - high in protein, low in carbs

Lunch: Tom cooked a fabulous salmon dish with quinoa

Snack: Dark chocolate is high in antioxidants and makes for a perfect little snack. Luckily, I don't like milk chocolate so I only ever want dark chocolate. I just have to keep myself in check and only eat a small amount at a time. 

Small meal: mashed sweet potatoes! One of my absolute favorite foods ever. I ate it completely plain with the exception of boiling it with a pinch of pink Himalayan sea salt. 

Dinner: Tom's mom is a fabulous cook! She made us Polynesian chicken and salad for dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment