Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Day 3

Tom had to take his car to get a tire fixed this morning so while we were waiting, we got breakfast at a local coffee shop. A bad excuse, but they didn't have many healthy options so I opted for a raspberry scone and a coconut coffee. Better to have a sugary breakfast than no breakfast, and one bad meal won't ruin everything. Just gotta workout a little extra today and eat healthy the rest of the week. 

The best recipe of the day by far though was homemade strawberry banana coconut "ice cream." I found a recipe on Pinterest that said you could make ice cream using only one ingredient: frozen bananas. Well, I happened to have 2 overly ripe (almost black) bananas that I decided to freeze. *Note: peel the bananas BEFORE freezing. Otherwise, it's a pain to get the skin off.* Anyway, I mixed the frozen nanas, strawberries, 1/4 cup of whole milk (much healthier for you than skim milk -- it's more natural, has more protein, and contains lots of nutrients and good fat), and a tablespoon of coconut sugar, my new favorite healthy sweetener, and blended all together. It was nice and thick, and it tasted just like ice cream! Seriously my new favorite addiction. I'm going to have to get creative with the fruit I use. 


1 comment:

  1. One day when I was looking up vegan recipes for fun, I read about making homemade ice cream using frozen bananas! I haven't tried it yet but sounds and looks really yummmy :)

    ReplyDelete