Thursday, April 4, 2013

Day 4

Live by these words every day! You are worth it!
Since I have 8:00 class, I often don't have time to prepare a decent breakfast. Instead, this is a Body by Vi protein shake. I add chia seeds (yumm!!) for extra flavor and nutrients. I have Vi shakes, whey protein, and Tropical Strawberry Shakeology. If anyone would like a sample to see if you'd like to try one of these shakes for yourself, email me. I'm not an advocate for either, but I have a lot of friends who use Body by Vi and have had great diet results, and most of the fitness coaches that I follow swear by Shakeology. Regardless, they are great alternatives to a meal or post-workout shake and they're easy to make on the go. My friend Jake almost always brings donuts to our early classes, and it takes all the willpower I have to say NO to sweets. To fight the desire (and the sweet smell of sugar in the room), I had my shake and then 2 bottles of water. It keeps me full, and makes it easier to say no. 2 minutes of satisfaction is not worth ruining all the hard work I've done in my workouts. I have to remember: success is 80% diet, 20% exercise. If you're not eating healthy, then ultimately, you're not getting anything from your workouts. 

(Water: I have a 22 oz water bottle - my goal each day is to drink a gallon of water, which is 6 full bottles. Water is great for your body, it keeps you from binge eating, and it makes you feel full longer.) 

Lunch: Spring mix salad with carving board chicken, strawberries, slivered almonds, carrots, and raspberry vinaigrette. 
Small meal: Oatmeal with flaxseed, blueberries, half banana, sweetened with agave nectar
Small meal: (stolen from my mother's pantry - brings me back to grade school) applesauce "squeezer" - only ingredients are applesauce, apple juice, vitamin C (ascorbic acid) 

Workout: 40 minute basketball game for rec league 



4 comments:

  1. I can drink a gallon of water in less than 2 hrs. Probably cause i have diabetes from all those donuts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha that's impressive! The water part, not the diabetes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I realized today that I drank a whole gallon of water today only an hour before reading this :) And good job saying no to donuts. Will power!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make that like 1.5 gallons, but I guess with all the humidity and sweating I need that extra lol

      Delete