Friday, April 19, 2013

Day 19: Body By Vi Challenge

Lift: Resistance band warm-up
Bench (hit 95% of my max! Not too shabby for taking a month off from lifting)
Inverted Rows
Shoulder pulls
Push-up rows
Pull ups
Abs



Today I decided that I'm going to get my life back. I've made a conscious effort to change my diet and nutrition, and I've started lifting seriously again. After almost 3 weeks, I'm starting to notice small changes. This made me realize that I do in fact have it within me to change. Although I've started eating healthier, I still find it difficult to eat the right balance of protein and carbs. I have both Shakeology and ViSalus along with whey protein. I decided today that I'm going to replace 2 of my main meals a day with protein shakes (high protein, low carbs) and intensify my workouts. Hopefully this will be enough to propel me in the right direction.

The picture doesn't do this justice (and it makes it look huge!!) but this is asparagus soup from Green Bean with an almond-raspberry iced latte. I should have gotten a cup of soup instead of a bowl because it was way too much, but it was delicious! 

No comments:

Post a Comment