Saturday, May 11, 2013

All great things take time

I've been struggling lately to stay on track and to not get overwhelmed by how far I have yet to go. I've never been one for patience, so it's difficult for me to realize that all great things do take time. I'm not going to get my "dream body" or achieve my fitness goals overnight. I'm going to have to work for it every day for months, and then maintain my healthy lifestyle once I reach my goals. I got this. 


I also recently discovered that I have a gluten allergy. I'm hoping that I'll feel better and lose a little weight by getting my diet under wraps and not eating foods that hurt my body. However, it does make it hard to come up with meals and I've had to get a little creative. If anyone has any good gluten-free recipes, feel free to share :)

Alaskan salmon salad with raspberry dressing (and an espresso-coffee of course!)
I need to get some sprinkles to make my presentation better, but this is a cake batter protein shake!
Body By Vi + milk + NF plain Greek yogurt + butter/vanilla flavoring + honey
I love that fresh peppers can be cut up and frozen and used periodically for weeks. This makes it easy to throw them into recipes without taking time to cut them every time. I love fresh fruits and veggies, but it's so hard to use everything while it's fresh and I hate to see food go bad. Freezing fresh f&v helps ensure they'll be usable :)
Gluten-free corn enchiladas :)
Breakfast of champions: Chobani key lime yogurt (SOOOO delish!) and a gluten-free English muffin with organic blackberry preserves and a little softened Greek yogurt/cream cheese spread

No comments:

Post a Comment